This is a new method to obtain entry visa to Vietnam which is much more convenient than the old-fashioned way when applying a visa means you have to spend a lot of time at your nearest local Vietnamese Embassy/Consulate. With Visa on Arrival, everything can be done at your home with internet. Just few minutes to complete an online form; then wait for few days, or even only few hours to get an Approval Letter via your email, you will be ready for your trip.
Thus, the key to get visa on arrival is the approval letter. This is an official document issued by Vietnam Immigration Department acting as a travel invitation from the Government outlining the exact dates that a person may visit in Vietnam. A visa approval code stamped on the letter will allow you to board the departure flight. Upon arrival at Vietnam International Airport, you will have to submit the letter in hard copy together with a visa form filled by hand and pay the appropriate stamping fee to the Immigration Officer to get your visa stamped. There is no case that your visa would be rejected as before offering you the approval letter, your application has been checked and screen very strictly. There are some designated airports to get Vietnam visa on arrival is Noi Bai International Airport (in Hanoi), Tan Son Nhat International Airport (in Ho Chi Minh City), Da Nang International Airport (in Da Nang), Cam Ranh International Airport (in Nha Trang), …
Notes on Visa on Arrival:
- To use Vietnam Visa on Arrival, you must travel by air and land at one of the designated international airports mentioned above. If you enter Vietnam through land/sea/river border, it is necessary to obtain visa prior to your departure (prior visa is stamped at Vietnamese Embassy/ Consulate).
- You must apply for and obtain the pre-approval letter before you travel to Vietnam by air to be eligible for visa on arrival. Entry visa will not be granted at the airport without this letter and you may have to return from the airport to your country of origin.
- Make sure all details are precise and accurate when you fill in the visa application form, otherwise you might be refused to get visa stamped at the airport as the approval letter will be considered invalid with incorrect information.
- The first day in your Vietnam visa on arrival will be the day you arrive at the airport and the last day will be the last one indicated in the approval letter.
- It is difficult and expensive to get a Vietnam visa extension, so you should plan and ask for the maximum permissible period before travelling to Vietnam.
Visa on Arrival is easy, fast and convenient. You only need to be precise and accurate while filling in the online application form to ensure the approval letter is issued and you get Vietnam visa on arrival.